St. James Catholic Church is open for public Masses!
St. James Catholic Church is dedicated to preventing the transmission of COVID-19. We are following CDC guidelines for sanitation, social distancing, and face coverings.
If you or a family member are considered a vulnerable population, we recommend staying home and celebrating Mass with us online to prevent the spread of illness. If you have questions about whether your child or a family member are in a vulnerable population, please visit the CDC website for more information.
READ ASH WEDNESDAY UPDATES HERE.
Masses have resumed. As of January 2, 2021, we no longer require reservations.
The Saturday Vigil Mass is livestreamed on our Facebook page. If you would rather watch on YouTube, please allow up to two hours after Mass ends for the livestream to be available on our YouTube channel.
Guidelines for Mass
- Currently, our maximum capacity is 100 parishioners. Please arrive early to ensure a seat. We cannot guarantee a spot will be available once capacity is met.
- All attendees are required to wear masks. While masks are provided at the church entrance, we ask that everyone please use their own masks when possible to conserve church supplies.
- Please enter through the main church doors.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance. Please use before sitting in the pews.
- Worship aids are available at the entrance. Missalettes and song books will not be available. Please take worship aids with you once Mass has ended.
- Ushers will direct you to your seat. Please follow the ushers’ directions to ensure social distancing.
- There will be NO: physical sign of peace; holdings hands during the Our Father; or chalice distribution.
- Collections: baskets are available at the entrance to place your offerings. Alternatively, you may give online.
- Priest, deacons, and/or Eucharistic Ministers will distribute communion in the pews.
- Blessed Sacrament may only be received in the hand.
- After receiving the Eucharist and the Minister steps away, you may remove your mask to consume the host. Please promptly put your mask back on after consumption.
- Remain seated at the conclusion of Mass. Ushers will dismiss each row.
- Do not congregate at the back of the church or in the parking lot.
- The church and bathroom is thoroughly disinfected between Masses.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF:
- you have preexisting conditions or are immunocompromised;
- you are feeling sick, suspect you may be sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19;
- have a sick family member at home;
- are over the age of 65 or are the caretaker of someone who is over 65 (you may attend Mass at your discretion, but please use prudence);
- or if you aren’t ready to return to Mass.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is celebrated on Saturdays between 3:15 p.m. – 4 p.m., before the 4 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass.
You may also call the parish office at (830) 379-1796 to make an appointment for confession.
Social distancing measures are in place and masks are required.
Faith formation is back in session and taking the same precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the flu as we approach flu season.
To better serve our parishioners, we are offering both in-person Faith Formation opportunities and offering activities online or by correspondence when requested.
Steps we as a ministry are taking:
- Masks, face coverings, etc. that will cover the nose and mouth at all times
- Temperature checks upon arrival and entering activities
- Health questionnaire
- Social distancing
- Continuous sanitizing
For youth and Confirmation, please visit the St. James Youth Ministry website.
Adult Faith Formation opportunities can also be found on our Faith Formation page.
For the convenience of St. James parishioners, we now have online giving available! View this post for a tutorial to get started with online giving today.
Please don’t forget to support your church at this time. We are able to continue offering Mass online only with your continued support.
With this option, you can set up a one-time offering, recurring gifts, and choose to give towards certain funds St. James has set up. You can give as a guest or create an account to keep track of your tithes and set up recurring giving. This option makes giving so much easier with being able to set it and forget it, or even change the amount you give when your circumstances change!
Create an account and set up your offering today!
The parish will continue to email parishioners with updates. If you have not signed up for our newsletter or text updates, sign up below!
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Staff of St. James Catholic Church