Giving Tuesday: Give to St. James Today!
Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. James Catholic Church,
In honor of Giving Tuesday, we would like to ask you to consider giving to our church. We know there are many worthy nonprofits and causes out there, but we ask you to also consider ours.
In these uncertain times, it is important that we continue to support the mission and ministry of St. James. We look to you and your support to enable this.
Here are the many things you are supporting at St. James when you give:
- Continued virtual and radio Masses
- Opportunities for our youth to continue growing in their faith, either at home or when attending Life Teen & Edge nights on Wednesdays
- Our six candidates and catechumens prayerfully learning more about the Catholic faith and making the journey to entering the Church
- St. James Catholic School and their continued efforts to navigate teaching children in a faithfully Catholic setting during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The St. James Food Pantry that offers food and other necessities to those who are in need in our community
- and so much more!
There are so many ways to give:
- Making an offering through our online giving hub using the One Time Offering or the St. James Catholic School option for any amount
- Dropping off monetary donations at the parish office during business hours (8:30 a.m. – noon; 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Donating items to our food pantry
- Making a $40 donation to the Feed My Sheep Dinner to give a family in need a holiday feast
- Picking up an angel from the St. James Angel Tree in the church and donating a gift to a child in need
- Praying for St. James parish and our ministries
May God bless you as you prayerfully consider the way(s) you can give and may he bless you and your family with safety and health this Advent season!
Prayer for My Parish
My parish is composed of people like me. I help make it what it is. It will be friendly if I am. It will be holy if I am. Its pews will be filled if I help fill them. It will do great work if I work. It will be prayerful if I pray. It will make generous gift so many causes if I am a generous giver. It will bring other people into its worship if I invite and bring them. It will be a parish family of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith, of compassion, charity and mercy if I — who make it what it is — am filled with the same qualities.
Therefore, with the help of God, I will dedicate myself to the task of being all the things that I want my parish to be.
Bless my journey, Lord God, I will dedicate myself to the task of being all the things that I want my parish to be.
Bless my journey, Lord God that I might follow Jesus and build the Church for you glory.
Courtesy of the Diocese of Lubbock